Entrusted & EmpoweredEntrusted & Empowered Series
July 7, 2019
Part 3 - The Family of God
- The Family of God is spiritual and practical.
- Spiritual things are practical.
- The Lord intends to train us as stewards to achieve His goals through our faith in Him and our obedience.
Ephesians 3:14-19- A family belongs to God.
- Saints= born again believers.
- The love of Christ is higher than knowledge.
- Love brings salvation not knowledge.
God has a FamilyYou need a home.
Vagabond Christianity means we are missing out on real relationships and real family life.
You need traction in order to propel.
You must be submitted to achieve traction.
The God of Family- Genesis 1:26 “Our image”.
- 1 Timothy 3:15 “household” the church is a household.
- 2 Corinthians 6:17-18 “I will be a father to you”.
- A family created more family. A father and a son.
- Before creation there was a family.
- The simplicity of daily obedience is family life.
- You need a family. You need help. You need a household.
Saved & Called- 2 Timothy 1:8-9 Every member, every person has a calling from God.
- You are called by a holy calling.
- You don’t have time to waste.
- 1 Corinthians 7:24 Tried and tested among other believers.
- Isolation does not bring refinement, testing or correction.
On to Maturity- Ephesians 4:14-16 Speak the truth in love.
- The body of Christ builds itself up in love.
- The issues that need to come out of us can be the hardest to face.
- The devil comes to fellowship with us in the ways that we are like him.
- You don’t need the attack to lift off of you, you need the attachment from within to leave.
Becoming Clear- Matthew 7:24-27
- If your life is constantly shifting it’s not the wind blowing on you, it’s your foundation shifting.
- You need an anchor.
- You need to be rooted and grounded in the body of Christ in the household of faith.
Find your Home: Six Questions1. Where is the church you call home?
2. Who are the mature people helping you grow?
3. What are the things holding you back?
4. Who are the people you are called to walk with?
5. Who are you helping to grow?
6. Will you be a part of building a local church family?